Cameroon airports and guide information for all airports in the country. Precise list of all airports in country of Cameroon in Africa. There are 22 airports in this beautiful African country with regular scheduled flights, domestic and international. The biggest airport in Cameroon is airport of Douala (DLA) with regular flights to 20 destination in 18 countries in total.
Flights to other countries in Africa and European destinations. There are 4 most important airports located in Cameroon.
There are direct flights from Cameroon Domala airport to Europe Airports – to France and Belgium. Also are available flights to another countries in Africa on African Airports, such as Egypt, Ethiopia, Kongo, Kenia and Marocco in Northern Africa.
Are you flying to Sao Tome and Principe? From Douala Airport is the best option to find reasonably priced flights to Sao Tome and Principe island. Customs, visas and immigration issues in Cameroon. Duty free shops on Cameroon airports. Alkohol and Cagarettes allowances. Is Uber available in Cameroon. Money exchange issues in Cameroon after arrival. Travel insurance, credit cards and cash in Cameroon.
Check travel deals to Cameroon. Hotels, car rentals and cheap tickets to Cameroon
MAIN AIRPORTS IN CAMEROON
- Douala Airport
- Garoua Airport
- Maroua Airport
- Yaounde Airport
SMALL AIRPORTS IN CAMEROON
- Bafoussam Airport
- Bali Airport
- Bamenda Airport
- Banyo Airport
- Batouri Airport
- Bertoua Airport
- Dschang Airport
- Ebolowa Airport
- Eseka Airport
- Foumban Nkounja Airport
- Kaele Airport
- Kribi Airport
- Limbe Airport
- Mamfe Airport
- Ngaoundere Airport
- Nkongsamba Airport
- Tiko Airport
- Yagoua Airport
CAMEROON COUNTRY PROFILE
Country formal name: Republic of Cameroon
Country code: CM
Capital city: Yaounde
Currency: Franc (XAF)
Telephon country code: +237
Internet country domain: cm
Official languages: English, French
Population: 25,8 mln
Religion: Christianity, Islam, traditional faiths
ARRIVING TO CAMEROON BY AIR
If you are arriving in Cameroon by air, there are certain steps and procedures you will need to follow. Here is a general overview of what you can expect when arriving in Cameroon by air:
- Arrival at the Airport: Upon arriving at the airport in Cameroon, you will need to disembark from the aircraft and follow signs and instructions to proceed through the arrival process. This may include going through passport control and customs clearance.
- Immigration and Visa Requirements: As an international traveler, you will need to present your passport, which should be valid for at least six months beyond your date of entry, to the immigration authorities. You may also need a visa to enter Cameroon, depending on your nationality. It is important to check the visa requirements for Cameroon prior to your travel and obtain the necessary visa, if applicable.
- Customs Clearance: After passing through immigration, you will need to go through customs clearance. You will be required to declare any items that you are bringing into the country, including any goods that may be subject to duty or restrictions. It’s important to familiarize yourself with the customs regulations of Cameroon to ensure compliance.
- Health Screening: Some countries may require health screening measures, such as a health questionnaire, temperature checks, or other health-related procedures upon arrival. It is advisable to check the health requirements of Cameroon before your travel and be prepared to comply with any health screening measures that may be in place.
- Baggage Claim: After completing the immigration and customs procedures, you can proceed to the baggage claim area to collect your checked-in luggage. Make sure to identify your luggage properly and keep your baggage claim tags or receipts handy to avoid any issues.
- Transportation: Upon exiting the airport, you can arrange for transportation to your final destination in Cameroon. This may include hiring a taxi, using a ride-sharing service, or using other modes of transportation available at the airport.
- Compliance with Local Laws and Regulations: It’s important to remember that once you arrive in Cameroon, you will be subject to local laws and regulations. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations of Cameroon and adhere to them during your stay.
It’s always recommended to check the latest travel advisories and requirements from the relevant authorities, such as the Embassy or Consulate of Cameroon in your home country, or the airline you are traveling with, as travel requirements and procedures may change over time.
HOTELS AND ACCOMODATION NEAR CAMEROON AIRPORTS
Cameroon has several international airports, including Douala International Airport (DLA) and Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport (NSI), among others. If you are looking for hotels and accommodations near these airports, here are some options:
Douala International Airport (DLA)
- Hotel Sawa: Located just a few minutes’ drive from Douala International Airport, Hotel Sawa offers a range of rooms and suites, as well as facilities such as restaurants, bars, a swimming pool, and conference rooms.
- Hotel Akwa Palace: Situated in the city center of Douala, Hotel Akwa Palace is approximately 6 kilometers from Douala International Airport. It offers various room types, restaurants, bars, a fitness center, and meeting facilities.
- ONOMO Hotel Douala: Another option near Douala International Airport, ONOMO Hotel Douala offers modern accommodations, a restaurant, a bar, a swimming pool, and meeting facilities.
Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport (NSI)
- Hilton Yaoundé: Located in the capital city of Yaoundé, Hilton Yaoundé is approximately 25 kilometers from Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport. It offers a range of rooms and suites, multiple dining options, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and meeting facilities.
- Hotel Mont Fébé: Situated in the Mont Fébé area of Yaoundé, Hotel Mont Fébé is approximately 20 kilometers from Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport. It features various room types, a restaurant, a bar, a swimming pool, and conference facilities.
- Djeuga Palace Hotel: Another option in Yaoundé, Djeuga Palace Hotel offers accommodations, dining options, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and conference facilities. It is located approximately 20 kilometers from Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport.
Please note that availability, prices, and amenities of hotels may vary, and it’s always recommended to check with the hotels directly or through online booking websites for the most up-to-date information and to make reservations according to your specific needs and preferences.
FLIGHT CONNECTIONS FROM CAMEROON
Cameroon is well-connected by air to various destinations around the world. There are several airlines that operate flights to and from Cameroon, offering connections to numerous domestic and international destinations. Some of the common flight connections from Cameroon include:
Connections within Africa
Cameroon serves as a hub for flights to other African countries. Airlines such as Air France, Brussels Airlines from Belgium, Turkish Airlines, and Ethiopian Airlines offer connections from Cameroon to various destinations in Africa, including major cities such as Paris, Brussels, Istanbul, Addis Ababa, Lagos, Accra, Nairobi, and Johannesburg, among others.
Connections to Europe
Cameroon has direct flights to several European destinations. Airlines such as Air France, Brussels Airlines, Turkish Airlines, and Lufthansa operate flights from Cameroon to cities in Europe, including Paris, Brussels, Istanbul, Frankfurt, and other European airports and cities, providing connections to many other European destinations.
Connections to the Middle East
Airlines such as Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, and Emirates offer flights from Cameroon to cities in the Middle East, such as Istanbul, Doha, and Dubai, providing connections to destinations in the Middle East, Asian airports, and beyond.