Latest list of all Austrian airports in this central European country, where people speak German language. Arrival guide. Austria is important tourist destination and beautiful country to visit all year around. Especially pretty Vienna – capital city of Austria. Summer time to visit Austria could be more friendly for overseas travellers.
Here you will find answers for questions such as: what’s is the main airport in Austria. How to get to Austria from London. How to get to Austria from New York City in US. How long is the flight from Madrid to Vienna. How many airports have Austria in total. Where do you fly into Austria. How many international airports ara in Vienna. When is the best time to visit Austria. Where is the best skiing holiday resort in Austria.
Check travel deals to Austria, save 30% – cheap tickets to Austria car rentals hotel bookings
HOTELS AND CAR RENTALS IN AUSTRIA
Here informations about arrivals, departures, car rental companies, hotels in all Austrian airports. Full of important informations before any travel to European Union airports.
In total there are 6 international airports in Austria very well conected with Europe, America, Asia and rest of the world. If your destination is skeeing vacation in Austria best option will be a catch a flight to Salzburg or flight to Insbruck.
From New York City trip to Austria takes approximately about 10h to 11h with one stop-over. From Los Angeles about 15h, from Washington DC to Vienna about 11h. Another popular destination to Austria are flights from London airports. This trip takes only 2h. London Gatwick and London Heathrow airports are available.
CHEAP FLIGHTS TO AUSTRIA
Also there are plenty of flight by cheap European Airlines such a Ryanair, WizzAir and EasyJet. Another arlines present in Austrian’s airports are Turkish Arlines. Eurowings, Austrian, Pegasus, Jet2 and SunExpress airlines.
There are connections to India, United States and Australia. From Vienna you can get a flight to Cancun in Mexico, Naples in Italy, Adis Ababa in Ethiopia, to Geneva in Switzerland, to Berlin in Germany.
The most popular destinations to Vienna in Austra are destinations such a Frankfurt, Bucharest in Romania, Amsterdam in Netherlands, Zurich in Switzerland, Paris in France, Istambul in Turkey, Milan in Italy, city of Graz and Sofia in Bulgaria. There are flights to Warsaw in Poland, Skopie and Belgrade in Serbia.
AIRPORTS IN AUSTRIA
- Vienna Internationa Airport
- Innsbruck Airport
- Salzburg Airport
- Linz Airport
- Klagenfurt Airport
- Graz Airport
SMALLER AIRPORTS IN AUSTRIA
- Brumowski Air Base
- Dobersberg Airport
- Eferding Airport
- Feldkirchen-Ossiacher See Airport
- Freistadt Airport
- Friesach Hirth Airport
- Furstenfeld Airport
- Glainach-Ferlach Airport
- Gmunden Laarkirchen Airport
- Heliport Sanatorium Dr. Schenk
- Hofkirchen Airport
- Hohenems Dornbirn Airport
- Kapfenberg Airport
- Krems-Langenlois Airport
- Kufstein-Langkampfen Airport
- Lanzen-Turnau Airport
- Leoben Timmersdorf Airport
- Leopolsdorf im Marchwelde Airport
- Lienz-Nikolsdorf Airport
- Linz-East Airport
- Mariazell Airport
- Mautendorf Airport
- Mayerhofen Airport
- Micheldorf Airport
- Military Airport Aigen im Ennstal
- Military Helibase Vomp
- Niederoblarn Airport
- Notsch im Gailtat Airport
- Ottenschlag Airport
- Pinkafeld Airport
- Punitz-Gussing Airport
- Retzel Land Heliport
- Reutte Hoffen Airport
- Ried-Kirchheim Airport
- Sankt Georgen Airport
- Sankt Johann in Tirol Heliport
- Schardin Suben Airport
- Scharnstein Airport
- Schwaz Heliport
- Seitenstetten Airport
- Spitzerberg Airport
- Stockerau Airport
- Trausdorf Airport
- Voltendorf Airport
- Voslau Airfield
- Weiz-Unterfladnitz Airport
- Wels Airport
- Wiener Neustadt East Airport
- Wiener Neustad West Airport
- Wolfsberg Airport
- Zell am See Airport
- Zeltweg Air Base
AUSTRIA COUNTRY PROFILE
Country formal name: Republic of Austria (ger. Republik Österreich)
Country code: AUT
Capital city: Vienna
Telephon country code: +43
Internet country domain: at
Official languages: German
Religion: Christianity, Roman Catholicism
Welcome to Austria! If you’re arriving by plane, you’re in for a memorable experience. Austria is a beautiful country known for its stunning Alps, rich history, and cultural heritage. As a first-time visitor, here’s what you need to know about arriving at the airports in Austria.
International Airports in Austria
Austria has several international airports, with Vienna International Airport (VIE) being the main airport and the busiest in the country. Other major airports in Austria include Salzburg Airport (SZG), Innsbruck Airport (INN), and Graz Airport (GRZ), among others.
Vienna International Airport (VIE)
Vienna International Airport, also known as Flughafen Wien, is located about 18 kilometers southeast of Vienna, the capital city of Austria. It’s a modern and well-equipped airport, providing various services and facilities for travelers.
Upon arrival at Vienna International Airport, you will go through immigration, where you’ll need to present your passport and any required visas, depending on your nationality. After immigration, you’ll proceed to baggage claim to collect your luggage. The baggage claim area is organized and easily accessible, with helpful airport staff available for assistance.
After collecting your luggage, you’ll pass through customs. Austria, like any other country, has specific rules and regulations regarding the importation of goods, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with the customs regulations beforehand. Generally, personal items for personal use are allowed, but certain items such as drugs, weapons, and counterfeit goods are prohibited.
Transportation from the Airport
Vienna International Airport offers various transportation options to get to your destination. Taxis, buses, trains, and rental cars are available at the airport. Taxis are a convenient but relatively expensive option. Buses and trains are more affordable and connect the airport to different parts of Vienna and other cities in Austria. Rental cars are also available from the airport, but it’s important to have a valid driver’s license and be familiar with local driving regulations.
Facilities and Services
Vienna International Airport offers a wide range of facilities and services for travelers. There are currency exchange counters, ATMs, and banks at the airport where you can exchange currency or withdraw cash. Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, and there are shops, restaurants, and cafes where you can grab a meal or shop for souvenirs. The airport also provides assistance for passengers with special needs or disabilities.
Tips for Arrival:
- Make sure to have your travel documents, including passport and visas, ready and filled out before landing.
- Familiarize yourself with the customs regulations of Austria to avoid any issues during the customs process.
- Have local currency (Euro) or a credit card for any immediate expenses at the airport or for transportation.
- If you’re planning to use a taxi, only use official taxis from the designated taxi rank at the airport to avoid scams or overcharging.
- Be prepared for language barriers, as German is the official language in Austria. However, many people, especially in tourist areas, may also speak English.
Arriving at the airports in Austria, particularly Vienna International Airport, is a straightforward process with various facilities and services available for travelers. With the right preparation and a sense of adventure, you’ll be ready to start your exciting journey exploring all that Austria has to offer! Welcome to Austria!
These steps should provide a general overview of the process when arriving by plane in Austria. Keep in mind that specific details may vary based on the airport and airline you choose. Always check for any updates or changes before your journey.
- Book Your Flight:
- Choose your preferred airport in Austria, such as Vienna International Airport (VIE), Salzburg Airport (SZG), or Innsbruck Airport (INN).
- Check Visa Requirements:
- Ensure you have the necessary visa or travel authorization based on your nationality and the purpose of your visit.
- Pack Essentials:
- Bring your passport, travel documents, flight itinerary, and any required visas. Don’t forget important items like money, credit cards, and medications.
- Airport Arrival:
- Arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight. Proceed to the check-in counter for your airline.
- Security Check:
- After check-in, go through the security checkpoint. Be prepared to remove items like belts, shoes, and electronic devices from your carry-on luggage.
- Head to your departure gate at the designated time. Listen for boarding announcements and follow the instructions for your boarding group.
- Enjoy your flight. If you’re arriving on an international flight, you may need to complete a customs declaration form.
- Arrival in Austria:
- Upon landing, follow signs to immigration. Have your passport, visa, and any necessary documents ready for inspection.
- Immigration and Customs:
- Pass through immigration where your passport and visa will be checked. Proceed to the baggage claim area to collect your checked luggage.
- Transportation from the Airport:
- Arrange transportation to your final destination, whether it’s by taxi, public transportation, or pre-arranged transfer.